Carwoola Community Association
The Carwoola Community Association (CCA) aims to:
- represent the common interests of the community
- develop and maintain a community spirit amongst residents of the area.
CCA is a group of local residents who are keen to pursue these goals and to support the community in whatever way they can.
CCA activities include:
- Publication of the Stoney Creek Gazette each month
- Facilitation of discussions between the community and the Palerang and Queanbeyan Councils
- Representation of common community issues to the Councils
- Support of the Carwoola Landcare Group
- Organisation of community environment activities eg annual Clean Up Australia Day
- Promote and support community initiatives eg Bowen Park hard court
- Organise and promote social activities eg community bush dances, cabarets, trivia nights
The CCA Constitution was revised in April 2015.
Interaction with Palerang and Queanbeyan City Councils
Members of CCA attend local government Council meetings and take part in special research projects or act as community advisers on other committees. CCA regularly applies for community grants, most recently to assist with building a hardcourt at Bowen Park. CCA has also been the contact between the community and Council for Greenways, rural sub-division speed limits, sub-division issues.
Social activities vary from year to year however there are some popular activities such as:
- Australia Day: with bush poets, morning tea, lamingtons and damper.
- Clean up Australia Day: collection of road rubbish, followed by a sausage sizzle.
- Christmas Party : for the littlies, complete with Santa.
- Trivia nights, bush dances, cabarets and some good ol' community ho-down.
- Kite flying day in Spring
- Car Boot Sales
The CCA Management Committee meets 7.30-9.00pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the community hall. All members of the community are welcome to attend.
The Committee tries to maintain a balance between community improvement and community social interaction. It also tries to ensure that people's commitments to CCA are kept within reason and are not excessively time consuming.
You will find a list of the current members of the Carwoola Community Association on the inside front cover of the Stoney Creek Gazette.